Dressing up is probably every woman's passion and while there may be those who prefer the more casual look, there would be times when the casual-wearing woman would have no choice but to comply to what the occasion is asking for - such as when there is a wedding or a formal function at work. Invitations to these events will specifically require guests to dress a certain way. These formal events call for a more proper way of dressing and if you are the type who remains clueless when it comes to picking the right evening dress, then this article will help.
Much care and thought is needed in deciding on the right dress for you. In fact, there are a number of factors that you need to consider to be able to match the dress with the person that you are.
The first thing you need to consider is the event. Determine what type of dress is required and make sure to conform. The people who invited you have prepared for this, and as a guest you should respect that.
- White tie events are the most formal dress code possible. It requires women to wear full-length gowns with a crinoline underneath it.
- Black tie events are a little less formal, requiring women to come in straight gowns and men in black tuxedos.
- Semi-formal and cocktail events are rather informal events wherein women are expected to come in knee-length dresses and the men in dark suits.
- Are you having some problems hiding your tummy? If this is a problem then you should make sure to stay away from satin and silk garments. You should also avoid wearing very tight-fitting gowns but instead consider a style that flares, or perhaps one with an empire-cut.
- Are you worried that you have no slender waist? Deflect the attention from your figure and wear straight cut gowns with very thin shoulder straps. Once again, an empire-cut dress will hide your figure perfectly, so consider this style when finding your dress.
- Are you having problems with your buttocks? Are they big and very hard to avoid? Once again, and empire-cut dress can best hide your figure, but apart from this, make sure to avoid loud prints and dresses that are cut very low from behind.
Choosing the colour and design will be the easiest decision you will have to make. Usually, a fair skinned person will best avoid light coloured dresses to avoid fading into the scene. Similarly, a dark-skinned individual will have to stay away from dark fabrics as they will look their best in evening dresses of lighter shades.
All these tips will help you become more confident whilst in a normally embarrassing situation. Remember that the right attitude can brighten an outfit even more, so look good and feel good, and everything else will follow.
Source : http://ezinearticles.com/?Evening-Dresses---Ways-to-Look-Elegant&id=3238507