Sunday, May 10, 2009
There is a very well known saying “old is gold”. This is applicable for women too. The older a woman gets, the more wisdom and confidence she gains which makes her look more beautiful and mature. There is an inner light in her which makes her look radiant as the years pass by. No wonder, women and vintage wine is compared often!
With maturity, the fashion sense of a woman undergoes a sea change of maturity. They don’t just pick and chose what’s in vogue. Instead they choose clothes which look good on them. They choose clothes which are good and comfortable to wear but may not be completely trendy. However, there are many other women as well who completely give up fashion as they age. They look for clothes that may not be so good looking but are convenient. However, that should not be the case. Good clothes can defy age and even make you feel young. Here are some fashion tips which can help well built women who have crossed the half century of their lives.
• Remember, whatever you wear must fit you well. You should not look too trussed up or on the other hand too baggy. Wear clothes that enhance your strengths and hide your flaws. If you wear fitting clothes, make sure that they accentuate your curves and it doesn’t look as if you are spilling out of them. On the other hand, avoid looking like a tent simply because you are plus size and more endowed than the others. Choose the right size to make your body look good.
• Don’t go in for fussy prints and fussy fabrics since these will make you look bigger than what you actually are. Choose prints that enhance your curves rather than making them look bigger than what they are.
• Clean cuts and classic designs work well every where. Frills or fussy fabrics don’t really make you look good. They give you a childish appearance which looks weird. Instead, sticking to some classic designs and clean cuts can enhance your appearance and make you look chic and elegant.
• Avoid very short skirts or shorts. Don’t wear anything too short since it doesn’t look that good. If you have great legs, show them off with some style and panache instead of wearing minis and micros. Wear moderate length skirts rather than short skirts.
• With age, many body parts can turn flabby despite all the care and attention you may bestow on them. In such situations, you need to use under garments with proper support and grip. Arms tend to become flabby hence you should avoid exposure.
In today’s world, being a woman at 50 means that life has just started again. Most people call 50s as their second innings. Fashion at this age can really make you look elegant and stately. There are many options available. You can buy great designer clothes on discounts and with coupons. All you need to do is to watch out for such opportunities!